Episode 3 of the Fundraising Events Podcast features Mindy Conklin, from Hitting Cancer Below the Belt. The organization uses events as a primary source of revenue, including their inaugural event the Boxer Brief 5K. Because of the pandemic, they went virtual last year and are now transitioning to a hybrid model that expands their reach to connect with supporters nationally.
In this episode, Bryan and Mindy dive into:
- The process of getting approval for an in-person event option in 2021
- Using the hybrid model to reassure sponsors by demonstrating that the event has a built-in backup plan
- Feedback from participants about the new event structure
- Recruiting volunteers for event day
- Allowing the cause to drive every event decision
Participants are appreciative and very grateful that we tried something last year and that we’re bringing back the virtual option this year. This is a race for a cause – it’s a small community and we have a lot of repeat participants and it’s so important to keep the lines of communication open.Mindy Conklin
The Fundraising Event podcast is your chance to hear from fundraising event experts while you run, walk, or clean your house. In each episode, GiveSignup | RunSignup Sales Lead Bryan Jenkins will chat with an influencer in the event industry who’s been instrumental in helping nonprofits raise more funds. Our goal is to help share tips, tricks, and stories to help you raise more with your future events.