Technology for Virtual Challenges…
GiveSignup’s platform allows you to do more than just register participants for your virtual or hybrid event. We are also here with free technology to help you promote your event, create a race experience (from afar), communicate with your participants, and raise money for a cause.
Virtual Challenge Planning Document
Just like a physical race, successful virtual challenges require pre-planning and strategy. Download our Virtual Challenge Everything Guide for a comprehensive review of everything you need to know to promote and execute your virtual challenge.
Key Features for Virtual Challenges
Enable Virtual Results
GiveSignup’s Virtual Results for Challenges makes it simple for your participants to report their activities and track their results.
- Participant-submitted activities are displayed within overall and individual results
- Allow for one or multiple activity types within your challenge, including popular activities (like running, walking, swimming, skiing or paddling) and custom activities (like books read or good deeds done)
- Fast results submission options without login
- Configure results based on distance completed, activity tallies, times, or elevation gain
Add Gamification with Milestones & Badges
Increase engagement with virtual rewards throughout your challenge.
- Add milestones (5 miles, 20 miles, etc) through intermediate goals in your Virtual Results setup
- Milestones can be set by mileage passed (100 miles), repeating progress (every 1000 feet of elevation) or by the percentage of the total goal of the challenge (10% of books read)
- Reward participants with default or custom badges that are collected in the virtual trophy case on each participant’s results page
- Send notifications to participants as they achieve each milestone to congratulate and encourage continued progress
- Create fun and engaging milestones and badges that relate to the themes and goals of your challenge
Create a Virtual Experience
Just because your event is virtual doesn’t mean it isn’t also real to the people completing it. Add experiential elements to keep participants coming back.
- Add a map to geographically based challenges to participants can view where they “are” at any point in the challenge
- Work with a Certified Timer to offer RaceJoy for virtual challenges, allowing participants to auto-submit their activities each day from the app
- Enable participant-uploaded photos and encourage participants from across the country (and world) to share their experience through shared photos
Raise Money for a Cause
Virtual challenges provide a uniquely flexible opportunity for nonprofits to raise money for their cause with the ability for people to participate from anywhere, on any schedule, and at a variety of levels. Popular nonprofit usages for virtual challenges include:
- Simple donation asks integrated into the registration process and added to the checkout page
- No-frills challenges that are free to join, with all focus on donations
- Peer-to-peer fundraising options for virtual participants
Shipping Management and Fulfillment
Deliver your swag directly to your fundraisers door with a thorough plan for swag shipping and fulfillment.
- Require challenge participants to verify their shipping address at registration to limit failed deliveries
- Allow participants to make updates to their shipping address after registration to reduce customer service
- Add geographically-based shipping charges to ensure your shipping costs are always covered
Virtual Race or Virtual Challenge?
A Virtual Challenge consists of multiple activities over time, with either an overall goal or a competition to complete the most fundraising with the most activity, whereas a virtual race is typically a one-goal activity (like a 5K).
Dive Into Virtual Challenges
Leading Edge Take Heart 5K
Take Heart is a nonprofit like so many – operating with a small staff that aren’t full time race directors and have many additional responsibilities. They teamed up with Leading Edge, to bring something meaningful to Lakeland’s active community. And when it comes time to make the Leading Edge Take Heart 5K a reality, the tools and guidance of GiveSignup help make it a success.
$6,000 Raised by Top Team
All the Latest Blogs on Virtual Challenges
Newsletters are a great way to disseminate information and engage an audience. It’s a main channel of choice for us to update folks about new feature releases and other things happening at the company. They’re also valuable for organizations like non-profits to…Read More
GiveSignup is a product-led company, and our goal is to create end-to-end technology solutions that can solve our customers problems. We invest heavily in UX to make our peer to peer fundraising platform intuitive, but events are complicated and every event director needs…Read More
Golf events are one of the most popular fundraisers for nonprofits. GiveSignup has the free tools that your organization needs to market your events, sell tickets, raise more donations, and have a successful Event Day. With free Email Marketing and free Websites for every…Read More
GiveSignup ticket events makes it easy and free for your nonprofit to sell tickets and accept donations for your golf fundraiser. You can set up your ticket options in the wizard in minutes; if you have a more complex or multi-day event…Read More