Marketing Basics • Free Websites & Email
BRANDED FOR YOUR EVENT • SIMPLE WEBSITE BUILDER • UNLIMITED PAGES & CONTENT • BEAUTIFUL DESIGN
UNLIMITED CONTACTS • UNLIMITED SENDS • EASY-TO-USE EMAIL BUILDER • PROFESSIONAL TEMPLATES
GiveSignup Marketing Tools to Grow Your Event
At the core of our marketing technology is our free tools for event websites and email. Beyond those, we have a number of built-in ways you can promote your event, inspire fundraisers to market for you, and track the success of your campaigns.
1. Automated Referral Rewards
Referral rewards allow you to track referrals from fundraisers (or other sources) and automatically provide refunds to your biggest promoters. When implemented well, referral rewards can be one of the most successful marketing strategies for your event.
Best practices for a strong referral program include:
- Provide a refund reward that is attractive enough to incentivize attendees to share your event (typically $15-20).
- Set a reward threshold that is high enough to be difficult, but not impossible, to reach (typically 3-5 referrals).
- Stack rewards with additional refunds, specialty swag, or other perks only for your most productive referrers.
- Share, share, share! Your referral program will only be successful if your attendees know about it – send emails, add it to your website, and remind people on your Facebook page.
2. Incentivize with Pricing
Creative pricing setups allow you to prompt action and encourage fundraisers to bring their family and friends, ensuring not only more donations, but also a more fun event experience.
Options for group pricing incentives include:
- Automated price increases based on date or number of registrations
- Multi-person and team discounts and refund options to prompt social outreach
- Age-based pricing to make events more affordable and attractive for families
- Multi-race or multi-event discounts to cultivate super-fans
- Loyalty programs with early and/or discounted registration
3. Tracking and Analytics
Stop wasting money on marketing channels that aren’t working with built-in analytics to help you track your spend across various channels. In addition to adding standard tracking and conversion codes to your race website, RaceInsights Analytics tracks the source of every click, registration, and donation.
Tracking tools include:
- Automated source tracking for every action on your website with easy-to-understand tables and charts
- Custom source tracking to allow granular ROI tracking of every marketing action
- Facebook Pixel and conversion API along with a range of conversion and site-wide codes to evaluate your ad spend
4. Social Sharing Customization
Control the perception of your event by customizing your social sharing images and messaging, then enable an automatic popup to prompt your fundraisers to share your event.
Tips to encourage social sharing:
- Add an attention-grabbing event image to highlight how FUN your event is and grab attention
- Update your confirmation messaging to motivate fundraisers to share
- Customize your default sharing language to prompt immediate action from friends and family
- Be creative and true to your brand!
5. Traditional and On Site Signage
Offer inclusive opportunities to register and engage with your event via QR codes and quick text links. These automatically created codes can be implemented on signage that you share with your community partners – or even post in the parking area on site – to provide easy opportunities for people to register on their phone.
Build more interactive signage by:
- Including a QR code to your signage that attendees can scan to immediately be taken to your race homepage, registration path, or donation option
- Adding a text message and text short code that links to your race homepage, registration path, or donation page by sending a short message to a specific number; no QR scan required
6. Branding and Storytelling
Get back to the basics and tell the story behind your fundraising efforts. Share your “why”! Your race website, email, and social media presence are all opportunities to build your brand by telling a consistent story about what your mission is.
Key tools for storytelling include:
- Images from your events with smiling faces and fun social interactions
- Videos from your event over the years to show people what to expect and why you’re fundraising
- Custom playlists to get people excited about your event
7. Fundraiser Refunds
Motivate your fundraisers to raise more by incorporating fundraiser refunds into your pricing promotions. If a fundraiser hits their goal, automatically refund them an amount you’ve set, up to the full amount they paid to register.
- Set a different donation threshold for each event
- Set a registration balance so the refund will not go below a certain amount
- Call out this promotion during registration and with an email so fundraisers are aware of the possible refund
The GiveSignup Marketing Philosophy
All the Latest Blogs on Facebook Fundraising
Generating some of our cutest websites, hundreds of nonprofits use GiveSignup’s purpose-built platform to host events and raise funds for animal shelters. From runs and walks to bar crawls and parades, GiveSignup’s registration and ticketing products offer animal shelters endless ways to…Read More
Free RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser Integration Now Has an Automatic Set Up
The free RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser Integration is now even easier for your nonprofit to enable to raise more and save money with an automated set up and approval process. Previously, a manual whitelisting process meant that nonprofits had to wait several days to…Read More
2019 Review: RunSignup & Facebook Fundraiser Integration
RunSignup announced our free Facebook Fundraiser integration in July 2019. The integration allows your fundraisers to auto-create a Facebook Fundraiser from RunSignup. The amounts raised on RunSignup and Facebook are automatically synced, enabling your participants (and your nonprofit) to raise more and reach fundraising…Read More
Facebook Fundraiser Reports
We have released three new Facebook Fundraiser reports so that races and Charity Partners using our free Facebook Fundraiser Integration can better monitor and reconcile Facebook Fundraiser donations connected to any race. All three of the reports accurately reflect Facebook donations made on and…Read More
GiveSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration Extended to Charity Partners
The RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API integration is now available for Charity Partners on RunSignup and GiveSignup. The integration allows your fundraisers to auto-create a Facebook Fundraiser from your fundraising run/walk/ride. The amounts raised on RunSignup and Facebook are automatically synced, enabling your participants…Read More
Manage GiveSignup’s Facebook Fundraiser API Integration
Managing your Facebook Fundraiser is straightforward with GiveSignup’s easy-to-understand donation report and a simple process to reconcile your GiveSignup and Facebook reports. Donations made on Facebook are paid through Facebook and show on Facebook financial reports. Donations made on GiveSignup are paid…Read More
GiveSignup – Facebook Fundraiser API Integration
Nonprofits can raise more and save time with GiveSignup’s free Facebook Fundraiser API Integration. The integration allows your fundraisers to auto-create a Facebook Fundraiser from GiveSignup. The amounts raised on GiveSignup and Facebook are automatically synced, enabling your supporters (and your nonprofit)…Read More